The team at kbs+ Ventures is excited to announce our investment in SocialFlow, a platform that is changing the way that brands engage users via social media. We participated in the company’s $10 MM Series B funding round which was announced today.
As Techcrunch notes:
The company now has solid traction in the enterprise, where brands like Walmart, Pepsi, Burberry and others are among the over 70 enterprise customers who have adopted SocialFlow’s technology. Its customers operate in a number of industries as well, including retail, automotive, consumer products, hospitality and more. Six of the ten largest media companies are actively using Cadence, the company notes.
At kbs+ Ventures, we focus heavily on identifying and investing in companies that leverage data in innovative ways across traditional and emerging ad stacks. SocialFlow turns billions of disaggregated pieces of social content into a predictive analytics solution for brands to manage how they deliver messages and engage with audiences across earned, owned and paid media.
Given that our team sits within an ad agency, we see and hear about how brands are leveraging social on a daily basis. From our vantage point, we believe that SocialFlow will be able to make a meaningful improvement in the lives of social marketers and we’re excited to partner with the company as it grows.
We trust that Missy, Frank and the entire SocialFlow team will continue pushing forward in innovative ways and would like to congratulate them on closing this round of funding.
We’re hiring a Venture Associate Intern (Winter-Spring 2013). Here’s the details.
Who we are
kbs+ Ventures is the early-stage investment arm of the marketing services agency kbs+. We invest in early-stage (Seed and Series A) entrepreneurs focusing on innovation in advertising and marketing technologies. More about kbs+ Ventures, our portfolio, our investment and acceleration philosophy, and our team is at http://kbsp.vc
Who we’re looking for
Venture Associate Intern to assist with identifying and assessing potential investments and creating and distributing external communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying and assessing potential investments
- Assist in creating thoughtful, analytical research and case studies about innovation in advertising and marketing technology for distribution throughout kbs+, our clients, our portfolio entrepreneurs, and the broader industry.
- Assist with Ventures external communications including research reports, newsletters, blogs and social media.
Skills and Requirements
- Background in digital advertising preferred; at the minimum, a desire to develop a deep understanding of marketing and advertising technology is required.
- Skills required include broad-based analytical skills, ability to understand and explain complex systems clearly through writing, and a passion for technology and entrepreneurship in general.
- MBA-level internship.
- This position is part-time (10 hours a week) from January 2013 to June 2013 and based in the office of the advertising agency kbs in Soho, New York, NY. Start ASAP.
Contact Taylor Davidson at tdavidson(at)kbsp.vc to discuss. Please send:
- A summary of your background and interest
- Links to your online presence (Twitter, LinkedIn, blog, etc.)
- A succinct point of view on what you think the most interesting digital advertising, marketing, or media company is, and why.